Sunday, August 8, 2010

Brownie Try-Its and Council's Owns

It's been fun starting Try-Its with the girls! We completed two as part of our activities to earn the Daisy to Brownies bridging award - Outdoor Adventurer and People of the World. This summer, I've been working with Esme. Today we finished the Water Everywhere Try-It.

When I initially looked at the Try-Its book I was actually a little disappointed. I'm blessed with a very adventurous group of girls, and I felt like maybe we are more adventurous than the book. I'd seen our Council's Own Try-Its and we're already planning to earn two of them in the Fall - two which are very specific, Bicycling and Archery. I did a quick Google search to find awards from other councils, and was delighted with what I found. There are lists put together out there, and I know my girls will be thrilled that I've found them for Rock Climbing, Horseback Riding, and many more things - even Caving! I also know my girls would enjoy things like Drama Queen. Esme and I have already started working on the Dinosaur one!

No comments:

Post a Comment